On Sunday May 19th 2013 from 10:00pm onward, the United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship (UDD), Red throughout the Land, is holding an event “19 May, to Commemorate the Heroes and Call for Justice” in honor of our fallen brothers and sisters of democracy at Ratchaprasong intersection, Bangkok.
The UDD would like to invite all Red Shirts supporters to come and pay tribute to the 98 lives that were lost and to remind their families that their sons’ and daughters’ heroic acts have not been forgotten. On the 19th there will be an exhibition of photos along with narration and a collection of video recordings of the tragic incidents that happened 3 years ago. Co-leaders of the UDD will give speeches throughout the day. Entertainment on that day will be music and other performances provided by our brothers and sisters from every corner of Thailand. Co-leaders will also march with a small contingent of supporters to Wat Pathum Wanaram to leave flowers and wreaths as a mark of respect for the fallen.
There will be a Buddhist ceremony on the main stage that will include family members of the victims and former PM Thaksin Sinawatra is also set to phone in through SKYPE, followed by a VTR to review the sequel of events that transpired in May 2010 called “Battle of the Drenching Bullets”.
Program of the Red Shirts rally this Sunday, May 19 is presented below.
กำหนดการงาน 3 ปี“19 พฤษภา รำลึกวีรชนผู้กล้า…เรียกหาความยุติธรรม”
วันอาทิตย์ที่ 19 พฤษภาคม 2556 เวลา 10.00 น.เป็นต้นไป
- 10.00 Co-leader pay respect to the sacred Brahma at Rachaprasong intersection to mark the start of the rally
- 10.30 Onward, Open Exhibitions in tents on the side walk in front of Central World along with performances on the street and parades
- 12.00 Music and Performances on the main stage by “the commoner’s music”
- 12.30 Mobile stations on standby in front of Phathum Wanaram temple
- 13.30 – 14.30 Co-leader to pay respect for the fallen at Phathum Wanaram temple
- 14.31 – 15.00 Monk ceremony begin on main stage
- 15.01 – 15.30 Family members of the heroes give speeches and interviews
- 15.31 – 16.00 Mr. Robert Amsterdam’s speech
- 16.01 – 20.30 Speeches from regional representatives of the Red Shirts
- 20.31 – 21.30 SKYPE with Thaksin Shinawatra
- 21.31 – 22.00 Commemoration VTR
- 22.01 –22.20 The lighting of the candles
- 22.21 – 22.50 Prof. Tida Tawornseth’s speech
- 22.51 – 23.20 Mr. Veerakarn Musigapong’s speech
- 23.20 – 00.20 Mr. Jatuporn Prompan’s speech
- 00.21 – 01.21 Mr. Nattawut Saikua’s speech